Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Minister Byrne speaks with new Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister

The Minister of State for European Affairs and Defence, Thomas Byrne TD, today (21 July) spoke with his new Ukrainian counterpart, Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine, Vsevolod Chentsov.

Commenting on the call, Minister Byrne said: “I want to congratulate Vsevolod Chentsov on

his appointment as Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine, and I look forward to working with him closely, especially during the Irish EU Presidency. Under the Irish EU Presidency, we have seen early progress made in supporting Ukraine on its path to EU membership. One week ago today, I was proud to chair an Intergovernmental Conference on Ukraine, where we saw further progress made in opening a key negotiating cluster on external relations. On my call with Deputy Prime Minister Vsevolod Chentsov today, I underlined the strong interest of the Irish EU Presidency, in working to further advance Ukraine’s EU candidacy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Articles